David P. Luci, CPA, Esq.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
- Former CEO of Dipexium, a pharmaceutical company focused on Ph3 clinical development of an antimicrobial peptide for diabetic foot infection.
- Responsibilities include capital raising efforts, investor relations, public relations, corporate development, business development, legal and finance activities more than seven years as CEO of Dipexium Pharmaceuticals in the antimicrobial/wound care area (Nasdaq: DPRX) as well as more than five years at Bioenvision (Nasdaq: BIVN) serving in roles as CFO, General Counsel and Executive Vice President.
- Raised over $180 million in equity financing as CEO or CFO of 4 public and 2 non-public pharmaceutical companies including approximately $70 million as CEO of Dipexium.
- Obtained analyst coverage by 9 Wall Street brokerage firms (3 firms at Dipexium; 6 firms at Bioenvision), including JP Morgan, UBS, CIBC, FBR, Raymond James, Feltl & Co. and Oppenheimer. Dipexium experience included three “Buy” or Strong Buy” recommendations.
- Led 4 public offerings, including two IPO’s with two Nasdaq listings) and two secondary offerings (one Amex listing) in addition to 10 to 12 private equity offerings.
- Led three in-licensing or out-licensing opportunities; negotiated the sale of Bioenvision (Nasdaq: BIVN) to Genzyme for $345 million and merger of Dipexium with PLx Pharma ($69 million).
- Currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ameri Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: AMRH). Previously served on the Board of Directors of Abeona Therapeutics (Nasdaq: ABEO), PLx Pharma Inc. (Nasdaq: PLXP) and Dipexium Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: DPRX). Member, Steering Committee for the worldwide development of a leukemia drug with two members from Genzyme.
- Mr. Luci is a CPA in the State of Pennsylvania (Inactive) and a corporate lawyer and is a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting) from Bucknell University and a J.D. (Cum Laude) from Albany Law School of Union University.
Robert J. DeLuccia
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
- Former Executive Chairman of Dipexium, a pharmaceutical company focused on Ph3 clinical development of an antimicrobial peptide for diabetic foot infection.
- Responsibilities included all CMC, pre-clinical/clinical and regulatory activities, including direct liaison to FDA on all regulatory matters for multiple product candidates.
- Over 45 years executive experience in the pharmaceutical industry involving sales, marketing, manufacturing and new product development with global pharmaceutical companies (Pfizer and Sanofi). Held senior executive positions in both companies and also CEO of two publicly (NASDAQ) traded biopharmaceutical companies (Immunomedics, Inc. and MacroChem CORP).
- Areas of experience include new product introductions and drug development in the following areas: Antibiotics and antidiabetic agents: (amifloxacin, doxycycline, bacampicillin, cefaperazone, chlorpropamide and glypizide); Cardiovasculars: antiypertensive, heart failure, diagnostic contrast media, clopidogrel (antiplatelet agent).
- Other: antianxiety/antidepression.
- Topical new drug development areas include: creams/gels/liquids for erectile dysfunction, testosterone, onychomycosis and diabetic foot infection/wound care.
- Lead Director of Board of Directors of IBEX Pharmaceuticals, a publicly-traded (IBT-TSX), Montreal-based company involved in the manufacture and marketing of proteins for biomedical use (Including Heparinase I for monitoring hemostasis in presence of anticoagulants). IBEX also manufactures arthritis assays, which are widely used in osteoarthritis research.
- Mr. DeLuccia received his undergraduate and MBA degree from Iona College, N.Y..
Management Team / Consultants
Robert G. Shawah, CPA
Chief Accounting Officer
Mr. Shawah is a co-founder of our Company and has served as Vice President, Finance since we commenced operations in February 2018 and also currently serves as Vice President of Baldwin Pearson & Co, a commerical real estate firm. Prior to that, Mr. Shawah served as Chief Accounting Officer of Dipexium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: DPRX) from 2014 to 2017. Mr. Shawah has over 25 years of experience in finance, accounting and audit including Arthur Andersen PC, WR Grace & Co., and other early stage to mid-sized companies. Mr. Shawah is a CPA in the State of Pennsylvania (Inactive) with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting) from Bucknell University.
Michael Silverman, MD, FACP
Medical Director (Independent consultant; BioStrategics Consulting, Ltd)
- Over 30 years experience in biopharmaceutical industry clinical research and product development.
- Experience includes positions of increasing responsibility at both global and start-up companies, managing multiple pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects across a broad range of therapeutic areas including infectious disease.
- Prior to founding his consulting company, experience includes KPMG Health Care Consulting; Biopure Corp, Sandoz, Sterling-Winthrop (Kodak-Sanofi) and clinical practice of medicine.
Manufacturing Director (Independent consultant, Optimum Technologies, Inc.)
- Over 30 years experience in manufacture of products for advanced therapeutics (cell therapies), biologics, pharmaceuticals and devices.
- Designed, installed and managed modular and large-scale facilities for biologics and synthetic pharmaceuticals.
- Company experience includes: Clear Path Development, Salamandra, Celsis, Cambrex, Biosynexus, Baxter Bioscience, Protein Polymer Technologies, Bayer Biologics, Cetus/Codon/Berlex.
Xiang Yu, Ph.D.
Director of Pre-Clinical Development (Consultant)
- Over 20 years industry experience in advancing new compounds from discovery screening to preclinical and clinical development
- Extensive R&D experience in multiple therapeutic areas including infectious disease, neurodegenerative, inflammatory, metabolic, cancer and cardiopulmonary diseases
- Broad background in medicinal chemistry, biology, pharmacology, ADME/PK, preclinical development, CMC and IND regulatory filing
- Numerous scientific publications
- Prior company experience: Accellient Partners, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Epix Pharmaceuticals, Cubist Pharmaceuticals
Larry Mortin, Ph.D.
Principal Pharmacologist (Independent Consultant)
- Over 25 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, helping advance multiple products from early stage discovery to advancement into clinical testing
- Expertise in designing and optimizing efficacy screens and animal models, designing studies to discover key PK/PD drivers, mechanism of action, and dose optimization
- 13-years’ experience leading the In Vivo Pharmacology Group and numerous Project Teams at Cubist Pharmaceuticals